So, here is mine. This is an easy one, but my kids just love it and they love making it.
4th of July Berry Blast
This is a super easy fruit parfait. So simple, your kids can make it. It looks prettiest in tall glasses or fancy glasses for martinis, champagne, sangria, etc.
- Wash blueberries and strawberries.
- Set Blue berries aside.
- Cut the stems off the strawberries and then slice. Set aside
To make home-made whipped cream(or buy some at the store):
- buy heavy cream - now in some stores you can find fat free heavy cream, or 1/2 and 1/2. You'll never taste the different.
- pour cream in bowl. Use whisk or hand mixer and begin whipping until it is almost stiff - not all the way.
- add a teaspoon of vanilla and sugar to taste
- continue whipping until you can make peak.
Layering the Parfait
- begin with a dollop of whipped cream in the bottom of all the glasses, then layer with strawberries, whipped cream, blue berries, whipped cream, etc until the glass is full.
And viola! It is so simple and really delicious. Every time I make it, it is such a crowd pleaser. Everyone is drawn to the pretty glasses and the red, white, and blue dessert.
Enjoy! If you want to play along in this 4th of July recipe blogger-share, please post on your blog a fun and delicious side dish or dessert and then reply back so we can go and check it out.
Happy 4th Everyone!