Followers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

NaNoWriMo Day One

First, some Halloween pictures... Lambertville NJ might not do much on the 4th of July, but they go hog wild on Halloween. The entire neighborhood gets into the "spirit."





NaNoWriMo Day One Word Count
Goal: 1,667 words
Actual: 1,977 words
Highlight: Passing my goal with ease
Downside: Can you say S l O W . . . The NaNoWriMo site could not have been slower. I think I grew old waiting for pages to open. And I couldn't download my daily excerpt for verification. At first, I was not going to download my text for fear of stealing, etc. But then I figured out how to scramble my text so I thought, maybe I will download today's writing. However, I couldn't get my cursor to even click on that spot. Did anyone else have this problem.
Question for NaNo Writers: Are you going to download your excerpt each day for word count verification?

4 comments:

Jean Wogaman said...

Congratulations on exceeding your goal for day one.

Rebecca Gomez said...

Sheri, good job on getting to almost 2000 words on the first day! I signed up too but haven't made it so far yet today.

To answer your question, I'm not planning to upload and verify every day, though I probably will once I get close to the 50,000 word mark--just to be safe.

PJ Hoover said...

Great for you on the writing! That's huge!

Barrie said...

Great Halloween photos! And, you go girl, with word counts like that!!

“Personal limitation exists only in our ideas of who we are. Give up all notions of who you are and your limitations will vanish.”

- Anonymous