Followers

Monday, July 27, 2009

I Won an Award!

I'd like to thank everyone at the academy... Ahem.... Oh sorry - that was a day dream. But I'd like to thank Amy Tate over at the Virginia Scribe for honoring me with this prestigious and beautiful award...

The Superior Scribbler

Isn't it pretty?

I'd like to thank Amy also for her patience because silly, over-taxed me took a long time to noticed I'd won this award. If we lived closer - not separated by a couple eastern states, I think she would have knocked me over the head with it. (And not to worry, Amy - your critique is coming. Really...)

Anyway now I am supposed to post these rules and follow them....

  1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy buds.
  2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains The Award.
  4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor! (honestly, I have no idea what the heck this means... So I will skip this rule and so can you if you'd like...)
  5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

And the award goes to...

All of you deserve one but in honor of the rules... the Scribbler goes to;

  1. PJ Hoover
  2. Casey McCormick
  3. Kelly Hoeckelberg-Young
  4. Jean Wogaman
  5. Rebecca at Rebecca Writes

Congratulations to not only these five writers but to all of us who...

  • put faith in our stories even when no one has asked us to write them
  • write despite a bad cold or being up into the wee hours of the night with a sick child
  • pick ourselves up to write again even after a rejection letter, an unfavorable critique , or you plain feel writing a novel is next to impossible
  • write because we simply have no other choice

Happy writing everyone!

13 comments:

Clementine said...

You so deserve it! I continue to learn so much from you!

Jean Wogaman said...

You deserve an award. Not just for your writing, but also for the way you encourage and inspire others.

Thanks for naming me too. I am honored to be in such good company.

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

WEll, thank you, Amy! It is so nice to see how we teach other's lives.

Thanks, Jeanie! That's so nice. And congrats to you as well!

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you, Sheri! It's so nice to have you back!

Rebecca Gomez said...

Congratulations to you, Corey!

And thank you for the nomination. I'm blushing!

:-)

Ame Dyckman said...

That's awesome, Sheri! (Make that, "Superior!") Congratulations!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

Thanks, PJ. It's still a balncing act, but I am trying to keep all my balls in the air!

Becky, you deserve - finishing your novel in prose - what an accomplishment!

Rebecca Gomez said...

Sheri,

I just realized I put "Corey" where I should have put "Sheri". Sorry!

That's what I get for blog-hopping in the morning!

Kelly H-Y said...

Oh my goodness ... congratulations, Sherrie - well-deserved!!! And, thank you SO much for passing it along! I'm so honored (and blushing a bit!)! You cracked me up with the 'linky list' comment because I was thinking the same thing, and was glad to see that I wasn't the only one! :-)

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

No crime done, Becky. It made me giggle. I had a feeling you had just left her blog. She's your writing partner sometimes, right? So... honest mistake.

Kelly, your welcome and you deserve it as well. I love your blog as I do all my bloggy friends. That picture of you and your family lying in the grass - did anyone ever tell you you look like Stephenie Meyer in that picture? Maybe you'll make her paycheck one day!

Chris Eldin said...

Congratulations!! You go, girl!!
Love the illustration too!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Well get ready, lady - you are on my award list as well. I received an Honest Scrap Award, and even though I admittedly don't know a huge amount of bloggers, I do know some that truly write from their heart, and one of them is you!
More details on the award and what the award asks of you on my blog ...
Jeanne

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

Thanks, Jeanne!

“Personal limitation exists only in our ideas of who we are. Give up all notions of who you are and your limitations will vanish.”

- Anonymous