Followers

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Deadline Looming

Nothing like a deadline looming to get me out of my funk. The first 15 pages are due April 1 for a novel intensive I am attending as a precursor to the NJ SCBWI June Conference. I have been in packing and unpacking mode for so long, trying to get back into a writing routine has been slow-going. But getting the reminder email that the deadline is right around the corner (thank you Donna), was just the trick I needed! I love deadlines!

And for more inspiration...

Anyone going to the midnight showing of The Hunger Games tonight? No? Me either. But I am going on Saturday and I cannot wait. We are going to have a party complete with hearty fare and trivia and then off to the crowded movie theater. I already well up with tears when I hear Taylor Swift sing Rue's Lullaby.

Suzanne Collins has inspired me. Spring has inspired me. Deadlines have inspired me. And yes, I admit it... Taylor Swift's haunting voice inspires me, too...

What inspires you?




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Hunger Games Trilogy, but, I cannot attend the midnight showing. *sob* Wishing all the best for you!

Hmm. It's very easy, at one hand, to say what inspires me. My horses, my music. On the other, the most simple things like fresh bread or the smell of citris, a song you haven't heard in a month, the thudding song of hoofbeats on gravel, the spicy, homey smell of horse inspire. Or even ordinary things like the kiss of a breeze, or the sun on your back. Look around, you can be inspired by anything.

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

That's awesome, Abby. It's great that you are so inspired by all that's around you!

Patricia said...

Hi Sheri,
What inspires me is good literature ... like The Hunger Games. Believe it or not, I just got on board with it this week. With all the movie hype, I finally picked up book 1 and savored every beautifully written word. Suzanne Collins is a genius in my book.

Enjoy the movie tonight.

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

Thanks, Patricia. Any writer that inspires others with her words that began as a seed in her imaginings is an inspiration to me, too!

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, I'll be at the June conference too! Hopefully I'll get to meet you!

Womanbehindtheglass said...

What inspires me you ask?
There is so much in this world to be inspired by, if not just life itself I get inspired every time I see someone achieving the most selfless of things in life. People who have little and yet give in great quantities. Someone who will put forth an effort into something with little in return. With out thoughts of self gain. That's what inspires me. When I see someone like that I am forced to diminish my mind of wrath and looming ungrateful thoughts.

I also agree that the hunger games was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. The strong personality of Katniss inspires me to be stronger in myself.

Who Cares Anyway? said...

Not a very big fan of country music, but if you haven't, you should really watch the Civil Wars live. They're really awesome and much better than their recordings.

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

@Corey, I think we've met at other SCBWI events. I will be sure to make the connection that I am "this" Sheri the next time we physically meet.

Awesome Mystery Woman! True, there is so much to be inspired by. Glad you liked the movie, but the movie had nothing on the book! :)

@Who Cares Anyway? Your comment is confusing. I never understood why people leave random comments on blogs that have nothing to do with the Blog article. But glad you like the Civil Wars live, despite your lack of desire for country music. LOL, not much of a country music lover, myself.

“Personal limitation exists only in our ideas of who we are. Give up all notions of who you are and your limitations will vanish.”

- Anonymous