Followers

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Off to Tom's River

I am very excited. I am off to a writer's workshop weekend at Toms River through NJs SCBWI. My brain is a little scattered right now with all the novels I've been critiquing for peer group. That and I've been up until about 2:00 each night critiquing and preparing. But still, I am very excited.

Toms River is one of the rare occasions where novelists can have 30 pages of their novel read by an editor or agent and sit down to a 45 minute one-on-one! (as opposed to 15 pages for 10 or 15 minutes).

This year Lisa Yoskowitz from Dutton Children's Books and Eve Adler from Henry Holt will be in attendance. I've briefly met them at the June Conference. Both are very approachable and very easy to talk to.

The group attending is very small and our cozy accommodations are in the club house of the Toms River Country Club. I hear it is a very relaxing and education weekend. Have I said how excited I am?

So I am off tomorrow but when I return I will fill you all in on the experience.

Sheri

2 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, it sounds so awesome, Sheri. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

Thanks, Corey. You're a Jersey girl. You should gonext year. It supposed to be one of the best of all of NJ's SCBWI events (in a different way that the June conference)

“Personal limitation exists only in our ideas of who we are. Give up all notions of who you are and your limitations will vanish.”

- Anonymous