Followers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Reclaiming My Life

Yes, Yes, I know. I don't call. I don't write. I just disappear for long periods of time. I understand. If my readership is still out there, you might be annoyed with me. To that, I say...

I'm sorry.

Let's just say, life had it's way of saying, ME FIRST! and I had to give in to it, to surrender.

Surrender

I like that word. And that's exactly what I did. But surrendering takes more effort than one might think. And time. It takes time to truly surrender. And it takes time to come back and reclaim yourself, reclaim your life from Life.

So, that's what I'm doing now. Reclaiming my life.

Today, I said yes to everything I wanted to do.

I said yes to sipping coffee outside and sharing the view with my dogs.
I said yes to taking a bubble bath.
I said yes to going for a walk along the canal with my trusted collie-shepherd mix.
I said yes to the words as they cascaded one after another in a few separate strands of poetry.
I said yes to me.
And no to life.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

With all of that confessed, thrust upon you, I am here to say, I am back. Truly back, for good.

This is a writer's blog and a writer must write. The emotional turmoil is behind me, the inner distractions have all been met. Time to reclaim my writer's soul.

________________________________________________________________________
February 23, 2012

A braided branch
A yellow eye in the sky
A century old tub
Who's soaked in here before?

In this moment, I love my life.

A leaf runs alongside me.
A trusty collie by my side.
My babies are mostly grown.
I remember when

Life,

like a fisted bud,
opened with each breath I took.
Now, my petals arc,
revealing my very center.

They sprinkle below me.
My toes sink in the
soft, cool, early spring earth.
Moss, Buttercup, Clover

Is my life lived,
time to step aside
for two fisted buds,
named for loved ones past?

The sun spots me.
Savior.
A black bird laughs.
Some petals have yet to unfurl.





No comments:

“Personal limitation exists only in our ideas of who we are. Give up all notions of who you are and your limitations will vanish.”

- Anonymous